Friday 25 March 2011

Prayer to Your Heavenly Father for the Benefit of the World

Heavenly Father,
Today I seek you on behalf of mankind,
Today God I seek you for all of the people in this world who are lost and suffering
Forgive dear God the faults of man, for they know not what they do.
Forgive mankind for the running away from you, and their destructive ways.
Instead God shine your light upon them that they may know the truth and be set free.

All knowing and powerful God, since it is within your power,
End the sorrow of this world, and bring your kingdom here.
Bring me wisdom Lord, so that I may do my part in this world.
Bring your ways to my heart, so that I can bring your kingdom to earth.

As it was in the beginning, in innocence and love
So may it be now Lord, so may it be now Lord.
My soul sings to you God, in yielding to your spirit I take your gift of life.
Dear spirit of love, burn like fire in my soul so that I might burn the sorrow of the world.
Take me home Lord, and let me be a torch in the world.

Give me the power God, to move mountains
The mountains of pain in the world, let me move these mountains with your blessing.
Considering what you have done God, I cannot help but live in awe.
Your great power created the seas and the stars; bring your hand to me God
So that I can part the seas of ordinariness, and bring your glory and wonder to earth.

God give me the hands to heal and the words that sooth
Give me the heart to love and the courage to be fearless.
My fear lord is not the world, because I know your spirit is greater than the world.
Since you are above all, how can trouble take my heart?

Since you are on my side God, how can I fear mans works?
Since you are forever with me and have given me authority
How can I be afraid of the world?
You provide all that I need and hold me in your powerful hand
You are my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. Jack, thank you for these beautiful and deeply moving prayers. They truly say all that needs to be said, and I will use them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely prayer... in humble submission to our Father, in rememberance of him at all times, in all ways... with a full heart and total love a prayer of completeness, of such blessings and miracles spring forth. Thank You...

    ReplyDelete